Playing vector values to a section voltage.

Moderator: wwlytton

Krishna Chaitanya

Playing vector values to a section voltage.

Post by Krishna Chaitanya »

Hi,

I have a spikegenerator and a dummy section. I wanted to play spikegenerator values into dummy section voltage. Should it be done in the following way?

vect.play(&dummy.v(0.5), tvec)

where vect contains recorded values of spikegenerator run for 100 msec. tvec is the vector contains 't' value for 100 msec.

Kindly let me know. Thank you.
ted
Site Admin

Re: Playing vector values to a section voltage.

Post by ted »

Krishna Chaitanya wrote:I have a spikegenerator and a dummy section. I wanted to play spikegenerator values into dummy section voltage. Should it be done in the following way?

vect.play(&dummy.v(0.5), tvec)

where vect contains recorded values of spikegenerator run for 100 msec. tvec is the vector contains 't' value for 100 msec.
The quickest way to find out is to try it and see if it works. My guess is it won't, because v is calculated from the cable equation, so that would override whatever Vector.play assigned--but I might be wrong, so we will both learn something regardless of what you discover. If my guess is correct, the way to force v to follow a predetermined time course is with an SEClamp; set its rs to a ridiculously small value (1e-3 megohms), dur1 to 1e9 ms, and play your Vector into its amp1.