add *.mod from Build->single compartment

The basics of how to develop, test, and use models.
thats_karlo

add *.mod from Build->single compartment

Post by thats_karlo »

Hi everybody,

i have written a "hoc" and i have inserted my "mod" file .
i doulble click on hoc file to run it. then i open graph-voltage axis and Run control panel. i click on run&init i see result in votlage axis windows.

BUT,

while i have these windows, i open Build->single compartment , (to see what mechanism are included in this simulation)

then, agin i click run&init .... i see different result?!!!why?
which of them is correct?

could you please help me to undrestand what should i do and should not to run a hoc file?

Thank you very much,

karlo
ted
Site Admin

use psection() to discover the properties of a secton

Post by ted »

Build / single compartment is not the right tool to use to check what mechanisms have
been inserted into a section. Instead, type
psection()
at the oc> prompt, or type
secname psection()
where secname is the name of a section other than the default section.

Another way to discover the properties of a section is to use ModelView
(Tools / ModelView) or to use the distributed mechanism viewer
(Tools / Distributed mechanisms / Viewers / Shape name
then double click on the section in the stick figure, or double click on its name
in the scrollable list).

Build / single compartment is designed to be a convenient way to make a section called
soma that has 100 um2 surface area. It is equivalent to executing these statements:
create soma
access soma
soma L = 3.1831
soma diam = 10
This is obviously bad if your model already contained a soma section with some other
L or diam, or had a different default section.
porio

Post by porio »

I think the easiest (and more direct) way to plainly see what mechanisms are present is Tools --> Distributed Mechanisms --> Managers --> Inserter. Isn't it?
ted
Site Admin

Post by ted »

porio wrote:I think the easiest (and more direct) way to plainly see what mechanisms are present is Tools --> Distributed Mechanisms --> Managers --> Inserter. Isn't it?
Thanks for pointing that out. It does the job quite nicely. I must admit that the last time I
looked at that particular tool was at least 5 or 6 years ago. Most of the time I also need to
know specific parameter values, so I turn to psection(), the distributed mechanism viewer,
or ModelView.