Unknown semantics

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Kvogt

Unknown semantics

Post by Kvogt »

Hello all,

I am trying to run the CutsuridisPoirazi2015 model file (from https://senselab.med.yale.edu/ModelDB/S ... 15/#tabs-2). After using "nrnivmodl" successfully, an issue of assertion failed is observed, when "nrngui" command is used.
The error is:

Code: Select all

mechanism hyperde3 : unknown semantics for hyf_ion
Assertion failed: file ../../../nrn/src/nrnoc/init.c, line 673 
How could I overcome this problem?

Thank you in advance
ted
Site Admin

Re: Unknown semantics

Post by ted »

What operating system are you running? Did you install NEURON from source code, or did you use a binary installer? Does neurondemo work?
Kvogt

Post by Kvogt »

Dear Ted,

Operating system: macOS Sierra Version 10.12.6 (using XQuartz version 2.7.11 --> X Window System, X11)
Install NEURON from source code
Neurondemo does work
Additional information:
NEURON -- VERSION 7.6.5 master (f3dad62b) 2019-01-11

Thank you
ted
Site Admin

Post by ted »

What an ugly implementation--spawns a pile of graphs stacked on top of each other that you have to pull apart manually. And it runs slowly, probably because of time spent updating all of those graphs. Other than that,
nrngui mosinit.hoc
followed by clicking on the Init & Run button works just fine, and the raster plot that appears at the end of a run is nice.

Did you have to do something else to make the error message appear? If not, then maybe the difference between our results is due to running different versions of NEURON. I'm using 7.8.0... from December 2019, and you're using 7.6.5 from January 2019. Maybe 7.6.5 has a bug that was fixed in a later version; suggest you uninstall the version you're using now, and install a more recent version.
Kvogt

Post by Kvogt »

Dear Ted,

Thank you for your reply. I will try with the new version.