Future NEURON courses

News about new releases of NEURON, bug fixes, development threads, courses/conferences/workshops, meetings of the NEURON Users' Group etc.
stil

Future NEURON courses

Post by stil »

Hello everybody,

I was wondering if any courses, or Neuron training sessions took place in Europe at any time ?

If not, could anyone tell me more about the future courses in the US ?

Thanks for your help,
ted
Site Admin

Re: Future NEURON courses

Post by ted »

Michael Hines has participated in many European computational neuroscience courses in previous years, often presenting material that we also use in the San Diego courses. That said, we haven't presented a NEURON course in Europe yet.

We would be glad to consider presenting such a course, but there are important issues of time, cost, logistics, and administration to be worked out. The summer course that we give in San Diego pays entirely for itself out of registration fees, and we are able to hold costs to a minimum because of the availability of low-cost audiovisual services and on-campus room and board package. Furthermore, and almost as important, the administrative burden on us is relatively small. We would be glad to hear about a similarly favorable location in Europe from one of our European colleagues.

We expect to hold the next NEURON summer course in 2011, but it is too early for an official announcement.
pyjamashark

Post by pyjamashark »

Hello,
Is there likely to be a course next year (2011)? Would it be likely to be held in San Diego over June/July? I'd be very keen to attend.
Warm regards,
Joe (from Oxford, UK)
ted
Site Admin

Post by ted »

pyjamashark wrote:Is there likely to be a course next year (2011)? Would it be likely to be held in San Diego over June/July?
Likely, and likely. If it happens the formal announcement most likely will be posted in first quarter of 2011.