NEURON exited abnormally

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.
Franzi

NEURON exited abnormally

Post by Franzi »

Hello,

because the calculations of neuron take so long, i bought a new processor. I made a reparation of my OS Windows XP. There are no other problems.

When i run neuron with a simple cell, there are no problems. Running neuron with a cell from Sejnowski causes following error message:

Code: Select all

loading membrane mechanisms from nrnmech.dll
Signal 11

NEURON exited abnormally. Press the return key to close this window
Can someone help me? Installing the newest version of neuron didn't help.

Thank you, Franzi
ted
Site Admin

Post by ted »

Have you tried deleting nrnmech.dll and running mknrndll again?
Franzi

Post by Franzi »

Hello Ted,

yes i tried this but it didn't work.

Is a java runtime machine neccessary for loading the nrnmech.dll? I also tried to load another dll by nrngui --> File --> load dll, i found the same problem.

Additionally i have to say that the java runtime environment doesn't work correctly on my computer, that means compiling .java files with javac are possible, but executing the .class files with java aren't possible, i don't know where the problem lays (reinstalling the java sdk 1.5 didn't help).

Thank you for your help,
Greetings Franzi.
ted
Site Admin

Post by ted »

Is a java runtime machine neccessary for loading the nrnmech.dll?
No.
Additionally i have to say that the java runtime environment doesn't work correctly on my computer
Do you need to use Java? Nothing in NEURON requires Java.
hines
Site Admin

Post by hines »

in your working directory containing the nrnmech.dll file remove all the *.c, *.o, and nrnmech.dll files and rerun mknrndll.
If that does not work, did the sim work on your old machine? What is the NEURON version? Can you launch the
NEURONDEMO? Did you happen to
separately install a full version of
cygwin? Send me a zip file with all the
ses/mod/hoc files needed to run the
sim and let me try it on my mswin machine (if you wish, include the nrnmech.dll file you built as well as all the .c and .o files and I will take a look at those as well). Are you sure you do not
have two different versions of NEURON installed?