Some simple questions

The basics of how to develop, test, and use models.
superbman

Some simple questions

Post by superbman »

Hello,
Just have some simple questions for you guys, so any help would be muchly appreciated! :)
I'm trying to do a simple model of a neuron with multiple synapses in order to discern the effect of moving synapses along the dendritic tree. I'd like to have 2 excitatory synapses (which I've worked into the model using alphasynapse) but I can't seem to find or get inhibitory synapses to work (tried using alphasynapse with a reversal potential of -60). Is this built into the program or are there any available that I could possibly important into PointProcessGroupManager. I'm using the GUI primarily because this is not meant to be anything complicated and I don't have the time to really learn the back-end hoc code. I just need to do a preliminary analysis on a simple ball & stick model on these properties of neuronal integration.
Thanks!
ted
Site Admin

Re: Some simple questions

Post by ted »

superbman wrote:seem to find or get inhibitory synapses to work (tried using alphasynapse with a reversal potential of -60)
Is there anything that restricts you from assuming a different value, i.e. an empirical observation
reported by experimentalists working on a particular cell type, or a strong theoretical reaon
to stick with -60 mV?