d_lambda rule and one error

The basics of how to develop, test, and use models.
reza_rzm

d_lambda rule and one error

Post by reza_rzm »

Hello,

I'm developing a multicompartment model, from a reconstructed cell. my code has the following structure :

Code: Select all

load_file("nrngui.hoc")
load_file("mycell.hoc") // this is my cell

// define biophysics

xopen("fixnseg.hoc")
geom_nseg()

From Tools/Distributed Mechanism/Viewers /Shape name
soma has selected, so i have all parameters of soma. But, it reports : "diam is not constant", while without xopen("fixnseg.hoc") i don't have this message.

in sh window, the result of oc>soma.diam is a constant number which is different form oc>soma psection() results.

Where is coming this message? is it an error?
ted
Site Admin

Post by ted »

"diam is not constant" means that "diam is not constant". It is merely a statement of fact, not
an error message.
without xopen("fixnseg.hoc") i don't have this message
Can't say why, without knowing anything about what's in mycell.hoc or fixnseg.hoc
reza_rzm

Post by reza_rzm »

Thanks Ted,

I used the same code as ""http://www.neuron.yale.edu/neuron/stati ... ambda.html

During reconstruction the cell by Neurolucida, i had different values for the diameters of the dendritic section. But i don't see any message for dendritic section "diam is not constant".

for nseg>1, the results of

Code: Select all

oc> dend#[#] for (x) print diam(x)
are different values but it was not reported in the parameters window.
ted
Site Admin

Post by ted »

A few tests revealed that the tool brought up by
Tools/Distributed Mechanism/Viewers /Shape name
reports
"parametername not constant"
whenever the user selects a section that has a range variable parameter that is not
constant along its entire length. In addition, the parameter panel does not display either a
prompt button or field editor for such parameters. The message is an informational
message, not an error message, and it has nothing whatsoever to do with the d_lambda
rule for spatial discretization.