Code to Plot Family of Voltage Traces, Current Steps and I/V Graph

Anything that doesn't fit elsewhere.
TrZ

Code to Plot Family of Voltage Traces, Current Steps and I/V Graph

Post by TrZ »

Hello NEURON contributors and users,
I am new to NEURON and have been coding in HOC and Python. I am wondering if there is a way to code for generating the three types of plots below for a model of a Section with current injected into it under current clamp:
1. Plotting a family of voltage traces over time for various current steps in current clamp all in one graph.
2. Plotting the family of injected current pulses over time that generated the voltage traces all in one graph.
3. Plotting a graph of the voltage at the end of the current pulse versus the amplitude of the current pulse.

I am not sure how to get started on coding for these simulations.
Thank you!
TrZ

Re: Code to Plot Family of Voltage Traces, Current Steps and I/V Graph

Post by TrZ »

-To be more clear, I have an additional note: I am thinking about adding a new voltage trace to the same voltage graph for each current injection while still keeping the previous traces in the voltage graph. I am also thinking about doing this for current injections where each time a current step is injected a current trace is added to the current graph while still keeping the previous current traces in the current graph.
Any help or suggestion to any of my questions would be appreciated!
TrZ

Post by TrZ »

-Just wondering if my question is clear or not?
ted
Site Admin

Post by ted »

Quite clear. Everything you need to know to solve your problem is in NEURON's Python documentation at nrn.readthedocs.io. That's pretty clear too.