Switching L2/3 morphology in model but preserving intrinsic and synaptic properties.

When Python is the interpreter, what is a good
design for the interface to the basic NEURON
concepts.

Moderator: hines

alexandrapierri

Switching L2/3 morphology in model but preserving intrinsic and synaptic properties.

Post by alexandrapierri »

Hello

I am using the following model by Aberra 2018 (https://senselab.med.yale.edu/modeldb/S ... del=241165). I would like to replace the L23 morphology file with my own morphology file but preserve the synaptic distribution and intrinsic properties of the cell. If I simply replace the file obviously a lot of synaptic inputs will appear to be out of range as the dendritic distribution between the two morphologies is not exactly the same. Is there an automatic way I can scale the synaptic inputs and intrinsic property distributions to the new morphology without having to manually recreate those inputs and ion channel properties?

thank you,
Alexandra
ted
Site Admin

Re: Switching L2/3 morphology in model but preserving intrinsic and synaptic properties.

Post by ted »

Is there an automatic way I can scale the synaptic inputs and intrinsic property distributions to the new morphology
Nothing is automatic. You have to understand the procedures/functions that the original authors used to govern distribution of channels, synapses, etc., and decide what changes are needed to accomplish what you want to do with your cell's morphology.