The equilibrium between the FS and external

Extending NEURON to handle reaction-diffusion problems.

Moderators: hines, wwlytton, ramcdougal

ahmed.hamzah

Re: The equilibrium between the FS and external

Post by ahmed.hamzah »

Thank you for help. Actually I used to use neuron with Hoc and .mod files. and I am trying to use your code, but it is not work, and I already installed neuron and Python. Is there a tutorial or video about using your code ?
ahmed.hamzah

Post by ahmed.hamzah »

Anyone can help please.
adamjhn

Post by adamjhn »

How are you trying to run the example and what errors are you getting?

The recommended way is to use the Python interpreter, if you save the example as a file e.g. "example.py", you can execute it with;

Code: Select all

python -i example.py
You can also run it with nrniv or nrngui e.g;

Code: Select all

nrniv -python example.py
More information about NEURON and Python is in the scripting neuron basics tutorial.
ahmed.hamzah

Post by ahmed.hamzah »

Thank you for the help. Any one can write the math behind extracellular mechanism please?
ahmed.hamzah

Post by ahmed.hamzah »

Any one can help me to find the math behind extracellular mechanism please?
ted
Site Admin

Post by ted »

ahmed.hamzah wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:26 pm Any one can help me to find the math behind extracellular mechanism please?
The topic of this thread is "The equilibrium between the FS and external," as clarified in your first post in this thread. That has nothing to do with the extracellular mechanism, as you will discover if you read the Programmer's Reference entry about "extracellular". And reading that entry is the first thing you should do if you are interested in understanding the math behind "extracellular". Other than that, the answer to your question lies outside the scope of the NEURON Forum, and I must refer you to a course on electronic circuit theory. If you are already familiar with electronic circuit theory, then you need a course on computational approaches to simulation of electrical circuits.