GUIs not saving properly

Using the graphical user interface to build and exercise models. Includes customizing the GUI by writing a little bit of hoc or Python
sanjaybioe

GUIs not saving properly

Post by sanjaybioe »

I have imported a morphology of CA3 pyramidal neuron from neuromorpho.org to the GUI cell builder. After distributing biophysical parameters and testing the model, it is saved into a folder as a .ses file. Once I reopen it and make further testing of the model and save it again with the same name, the ses file just disappears. If my initial file is say test.ses and after further experiments if I save it as test1.ses, the new session file is correctly saved. How do I solve this issue of session files not saving properly (moreover just disappearing) while using GUI.

The OS that I am using is Windows 7 Home Premium and the NEURON 7.1. The first line in the xterm reads: NEURON -- Release 7.1 (359:7f113b76a94b) 2009-10-26

Sanjay.
ted
Site Admin

Re: GUIs not saving properly

Post by ted »

sanjaybioe wrote:The OS that I am using is Windows 7 Home Premium and the NEURON 7.1. The first line in the xterm reads: NEURON -- Release 7.1 (359:7f113b76a94b) 2009-10-26
Windows 7 broke many things, and several of them have to do with NEURON 7.1.

Uninstall NEURON 7.1 (use NEURON's own uninstaller, which you will find in the NEURON program group), then download and use the installer for the latest 7.2 alpha version
http://www.neuron.yale.edu/ftp/neuron/v ... -setup.exe