Multiple spikes at NET_RECEIVE block

Moderator: wwlytton

Krishna Chaitanya

Multiple spikes at NET_RECEIVE block

Post by Krishna Chaitanya »

Hi,

I have tried connecting presynaptic neuron which has 5 spikes to postsynaptic neuron through NetCon usage. Since it is event related, whenever connection happens, presynaptic neuron NET_RECEIVE block activates.

But not all spikes from my presynaptic neuron are delivered. My postsynaptic neuron is point process since I am using spiking models. Only the first spike is delivered but not all spikes. 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th spikes do not deliver events to postsynaptic neuron.

How can I resolve this problem?

Thank you.
ted
Site Admin

Re: Multiple spikes at NET_RECEIVE block

Post by ted »

There isn't enough information in your question to serve as the basis for an answer. You don't say what kind of artificial spiking cells you are using, when the presynaptic cell's spikes are supposed to occur (and how you know that they have occurred), or even what the value of tstop is.
Krishna Chaitanya

Post by Krishna Chaitanya »

Hi,

My presynaptic neuron is a spike generator which delivers 5 spikes spaced at 10 ms interval to post synaptic neuron. And the postsynaptic neuron is point process which receives synaptic events at NET_RECEIVE block. I know that the presynaptic neuron fired through the graph plot window. While my postsynaptic neuron responded to the first spike delivered to NET_RECEIVE in postsynaptic neuron but to the next consecutive spikes, there is no response.

Could you also provide examples related to this problem? I am interested at NET_RECEIVE block mechanism for multiple spikes of presynaptic neuron.
ted
Site Admin

Post by ted »

Krishna Chaitanya wrote:the postsynaptic neuron is point process which receives synaptic events at NET_RECEIVE block.
Suggest you use printf statements in the NET_RECEIVE block to (1) confirm that events are received and (2) diagnose what happens when an event arrives. For examples, see intfire2.mod and intfire4.mod, which are in nrn/src/nrnoc. If those files aren't already somewhere on your machine, download a nrn*.tar.gz file, expand it, and dig into the resulting directory tree.