Can't see the cells in my network

Using the graphical user interface to build and exercise models. Includes customizing the GUI by writing a little bit of hoc or Python
sanjaybioe

Can't see the cells in my network

Post by sanjaybioe »

After importing the CA3 pyramidal cell morphology from neuromorpho.org to the cell builder, I used the point processes option to put synapses on distal portions of the dendrites. I created a toy network of two neurons using network builder and using GUI tried to connect one neuron (source) to another (target). As I click at source neuron (named CA30) and drag and point to target neuron (CA31) , the morphology of target neuron shows up behind, but not fully (the screen could not contain the whole morphology since it looks enlarged). Hence I cant see the synaptic locations I had put. How do I sort this out?

Sanjay.
Last edited by sanjaybioe on Thu Oct 27, 2011 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
ted
Site Admin

Re: Can't see the cells in my network

Post by ted »

The two model cells are being drawn onto the same location in the shape plot. They both exist but can't be visually separated from each other.

When you examine the template generated by the Network Builder, notice that there is a
proc position()
By default each cell will be drawn with its root node located at (0,0,0). If you have one called xcell, you can move it to a new location (a,b,c) by executing
xcell.position(a,b,c)
If you have a bunch of them in a List called cells, you could place them at 100 um intervals along the x axis with a loop like this:
for i=0,cells.count()-1 cells.o(i).position(100*i, 0, 0)