spike frequency vs current graph

Using the graphical user interface to build and exercise models. Includes customizing the GUI by writing a little bit of hoc or Python
ted
Site Admin

Re: spike frequency vs current graph

Post by ted »

You can discover for yourself whether your model may have a problem with initialization of ionic concentrations to steady state. First, determine whether any of the mod files used by your model is an ion accumulation mechanism (hint: any mechanism that WRITEs an intracellular or extracellular concentration is an ion accumulation mechanism). If your model doesn't use any such mechanisms, then you don't have to do anything special to ensure that concentrations remain constant during a simulation. If it turns out that your model DOES use such a mechanism, you should check to see if the concentration or concentrations that it WRITEs remain constant, or whether they change during a simulation. The easiest way to do this is to plot those concentrations vs. time. Let me know what you discover, so if there is a problem we can deal with it and get back to your original question about F/i curves.
santana_loren9

Re: spike frequency vs current graph

Post by santana_loren9 »

Hi Ted,

Thanks for the clarification. I wasn't exactly sure what was meant by accumulating ion. I will get back to you as soon as I can. I'm in the midst of finals so it's a bit hectic. Thank you for all your help and expertise.