Compilation error on sparc/sunOS

ketan

Compilation error on sparc/sunOS

Post by ketan »

Hi,
I'm trying to compile the Neuron 5.7 release on Sparc/SunOS. I get the following "symbol referencing" error on running make from $home/neuron/nrn.
Kindly suggest how to resolve this.
regards,
Ketan

warning: file /usr/local/lib/gcc-lib/sparc-sun-solaris2.8/3.2/../../../libstdc++.so: linked to /usr/local/lib/./libstdc++.so: attempted multiple inclusion of file

Undefined first referenced
symbol in file
.LLC219 ../sundials/.libs/libsundials.so
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to .libs/nrniv
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `nrniv'
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'
hines
Site Admin

Post by hines »

Did you have a previously installed version and overwrote the old sources with the new version? If so there has been a recent upgrade to the sundials integrators that removed and added many files. It may be that you need to do a make clean to get rid of the old .o files before doing a make.

If this is your first install, wipe out the extracted directories and try again with the latest alpha version at
http://www.neuron.yale.edu/ftp/neuron/versions/alpha
If the problem persists then I may have to slghtly rearrange the library and object file organization in one or two Makefile.am files to avoid the multiple declaration problem.
It would be easy for me to do this if I could get a temporary guest account on your machine to login via ssh assuming you are not behind a firewall. If so you can contact me with the
ip address, login, and temporary password
at michael.hines@yale.edu. I am out of the
country and on various visits the next several
weeks but may have a few moments to
look into the problem. At any rate let's
continue the discussion via email.
ketan

Post by ketan »

Well, its a low priority issue for me now as I could build the latest alpha version on a Linux system without any problem..

But on solaris I had tried this:
- make clean, delete all $home/neuron files (that should have removed all old libraries and object files from a previous install, i believe they don't get installed outside $home/neuron..also i searched the entire filesystem for another copy of libsundials.*)
... got the lastest alpha version..but still got the same symbol referencing error with libsundials.so

the m/c is behind a firewall...anyway i'm ok living with the problem as the Linux build is working fine!
thanks,
Ketan