Compiling mod files

vreddy20

Compiling mod files

Post by vreddy20 »

Hi,
I was having problems compiling mod files while attempting to run a netpyne model. Link to netpyne model: https://github.com/btessler92/netpyneca3. Most of the mod files compile but one of them doesnt (misc.mod). Running "nrnivmodl" in terminal results in the following errors:

gcc -O2 -I".." -I. -I/Users/vineetreddy/opt/anaconda3/lib/python3.8/site-packages/neuron/.data/include -I/usr/local/Cellar/open-mpi/4.0.5/include -fPIC -c nafolmkop.c -o nafolmkop.o
misc.c:237:14: error: implicit declaration of function 'hoc_is_tempobj_arg' is invalid in C99 [-Werror,-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
_listmpobj=hoc_is_tempobj_arg(1);
^
misc.c:237:14: note: did you mean 'hoc_is_tempobj'?
misc.c:200:12: note: 'hoc_is_tempobj' declared here
extern int hoc_is_tempobj(int narg);
^
misc.c:260:9: error: non-void function 'sassign_' should return a value [-Wreturn-type]
return;
^
misc.c:265:25: error: non-void function 'sassign_' should return a value [-Wreturn-type]
pclose(pipein); return;
^
misc.c:294:9: error: non-void function 'dassign_' should return a value [-Wreturn-type]
return;
^
misc.c:299:26: error: non-void function 'dassign_' should return a value [-Wreturn-type]
fclose(outfile); return;
^
misc.c:304:42: error: non-void function 'dassign_' should return a value [-Wreturn-type]
fclose(outfile); pclose(pipein); return;
^
misc.c:406:28: warning: format specifies type 'unsigned int' but the argument has type 'char *' [-Wformat]
printf("Did %ld: %x\n",x,pmlc);
~~ ^~~~
%s
1 warning and 6 errors generated.
make: *** [misc.o] Error 1

I was wondering if anyone knows a solution to this problem. I am using macOS Catalina.
Thank you
ted
Site Admin

Re: Compiling mod files

Post by ted »

misc.mod defines a bunch of "utility functions" that may or may not be relevant to the proper operation of the model. Ask the model's developers and Salvador Dura about how to deal with this. When you find out what works, please let us know.