The Blue Brain Project, headquartered in Lausanne, Switzerland, is an international research venture to reverse-engineer the brain and enable next-generation fundamental and medical research through simulation. BBP is now seeking a
Postdoctoral Researcher in Neuron Modeling,
for immediate hire, to strengthen the project’s computational neuroscience team and to prepare it for the next steps of growth.
The primary objective for this position is to contribute to the ongoing large-scale detailed neuron modeling and validation efforts and to advance the model generation and validation of the full diversity of neuron electrical properties and dendritic integration. Scientific leadership is expected to cosupervise computational neuroscience students and the software expertise to interface with the technical teams. The position will involve a close interaction between the electrophysiology lab and computer simulations.
· PhD in the field of computational neuroscience
· expert knowledge in NEURON and multi-compartment conductance-based modeling
· expert knowledge in whole cell electrophysiology, ion channel experiments and models
· expert knowledge in Python and Matlab
· profound knowledge of model specification languages such as NeuroML
· profound knowledge in other programming languages (C++) and parallel computing is of advantage
· ‘can-do’ attitude for pragmatic prototypes that accompany the global model building and validation strategy
· co-supervision of PhD students
· fluent written and spoken English
What we offer:
· An internationally visible and rising project successfully connecting the demanding challenges of research with industry-strength solutions
· Supervision of research projects and publication opportunities
· A young, dynamic, inter-disciplinary, and international working environment
Interested applicants please send CV, 3 references and a statement of research interests to:
Felix Schuermann (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sean Hill, Ph.D.
Blue Brain Project
Project Manager for Computational Neuroscience
Brain Mind Institute
EPFL - Station 15
Tel +41 21 693.96 78
Fax +41 21 693.18 00
Faculty positions, requests and offers for consulting, postdoctoral openings, etc.
1 post • Page 1 of 1