Video Tutorial on how to compile .mod file and incorporate it with Python for simulation

When Python is the interpreter, what is a good
design for the interface to the basic NEURON
concepts.

Moderator: hines

shhschen

Video Tutorial on how to compile .mod file and incorporate it with Python for simulation

Post by shhschen »

Hi everyone,

I have recently finished my course project written in Python + NEURON + NMODL. Since I had some trouble finding compiling instructions while I was working on it, I decided to make a short video walking through the entire process. And here is the video. https://youtu.be/LS5hOtgzUhs Besides, one thing to keep in mind is that the compiling window may hide somewhere you cannot see if you have multiple monitors.

Happy simulation.
ted
Site Admin

Re: Video Tutorial on how to compile .mod file and incorporate it with Python for simulation

Post by ted »

Interesting tutorial. Thanks for posting it!

It's no surprise that "how to compile mod files" is a Frequently Asked Question. NEURON's web site has a list of answers to to this and many other frequently asked questions. At
www.neuron.yale.edu
click on the Documentation link. A popup appears that contains links to Guides and Tutorials, Key Papers, and FAQs. FAQs are grouped into 4 categories: "General" and FAQs for Mac users, MSWin users, and Linux users. In the list of General FAQs look for the item "How do I compile mod files?".