Adding cilia with an added mechanism to a dendrite

NMODL and the Channel Builder.
bdut

Adding cilia with an added mechanism to a dendrite

Post by bdut »

I have a neuron model with soma, dendrite and cilium. The cilium has a mechanism added that gives variation of 8 variables with time.
I need to add one more cilium to this model. But, when I add 1 more cilium with the same mechanism, both the cilia show error in graphs of the variables after 0.5 seconds.
Is there any way I can add a cilium such that it does not error out in variation of the variables?

Thanks and regards
ted
Site Admin

Re: Adding cilia with an added mechanism to a dendrite

Post by ted »

You may be the only person on the planet who knows what you are asking. Let's see if we can make your question more understandable to others.
I have a neuron model with soma, dendrite and cilium.
Each of these is represented by a section?
The cilium has a mechanism added that gives variation of 8 variables with time.
What 8 variables, and what does it mean to say that this mechanism "gives variation" to them?
when I add 1 more cilium with the same mechanism, both the cilia show error in graphs of the variables
Forget about the graphs. Does NEURON generate error messages?
bdut

Re: Adding cilia with an added mechanism to a dendrite

Post by bdut »

Sorry Ted for not being clear. Yes, each is a section. One section(cilium) has a mechanism attached to it. This mechanism has 8 differential equations that signify various components of signal transduction.
I have added one more section(cilium) to this model with the same mechanism. There are no error messages generated in NEURON upon execution.

I was able to figure out why the mechanism does not work, on addition of the section. It is because the mechanism execution time and access time are not synchronized.

Thanks and regards