1. Read The NEURON Book. If you can't get a copy of the book, go to the Key Papers page and get the version of "The NEURON Simulation Environment" that we published in Neural Computation several years ago.
2. Check out the other links to papers and tutorials on the Documentation page.
3. For questions about NEURON functions, classes, etc, check out the Programmer's Reference.
4. Many "how to" questions are answered on the FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page.
6. Still have a question? Time to post it to the appropriate discussion area in the NEURON Forum.